Cheapest Auto Insurance for Foreigners: Lowest Rates – Best Coverage
Written by Michael Browne
You can find the cheapest auto insurance for foreign visitors to United States right here. Whether you're visiting the country for business or pleasure, you will find that life and the U.S. hinges on having ready transportation. And while many major cities have superior public transportation resources available, there's nothing like driving your own vehicle, when you want to - on your own terms. However, you need to realize that in every state, maintaining at least minimal amounts of liability insurance is a legal requirement.
It's the law - and there are stiff penalties for not following it including:
- Loss of driving privileges;
- Impounding of your vehicle;
- Possible jail time;
And if you're involved in an accident, especially if you're at fault, without being able to show proof of having valid automobile insurance, you may be subjected to the following:
- Paying for all damages to property and persons, including yourself, or
- Financial ruin;
So it's obviously very important for all foreign visitors to the United States to have a solid plan for obtaining the cheapest auto insurance available. Here's how to do it:
- Obtain an international driver's license from your home country. You will not be permitted to purchase a vehicle or insurance without it.
- Compare the coverage and cost plans here at the site. Be sure to get quotes from industry leaders like Geico, Progressive, Allstate and AIG.
- If you have a friend or relative in the United States, then you will want to see if you can be included on their insurance policy. This can be easier done and save you money.
- Remember that if you're renting a car, the rental company will provide insurance for you. Make sure you understand your coverage limits - and compare rates between different rental companies.
Other tips for finding the cheapest auto insurance for foreign visitors to the United States:
- Find out if the company that issues your credit card will provide you with foreigner automobile insurance.
- See if it is possible to add a clause for automobile insurance coverage to your travelers insurance policy that you have from your home country.
- Remember that there is a 1 year validity period for international driver's licenses. If you will be staying longer than that, then you will want to obtain a US drivers license from the state that you are residing in.
Enjoy your visit at the site and have fun finding the cheapest auto insurance rates for foreigners available anywhere. Thank you